[Python-Dev] Reserving an arg space for Jython

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull at sk.tsukuba.ac.jp
Sun Apr 13 19:28:30 CEST 2008

"Martin v. Löwis" writes:
 > >  > > How about "-X is reserved for implementation-specific arguments"?
 > >
 > >  > Isn't that bikeshedding?
 > >
 > > No.  I think "implementation-specific" is definitely more accurate,
 > > and I was hoping the suggestion might get an immediate "good idea,
 > > implemented", from somebody already looking at that code.
 >
 > It's already committed, so one would have to go back and change it.

Now, *you* are bikeshedding.

I know that it was committed, so I politely made the suggestion,
half-expecting it to get dropped on the floor.  If so, no great loss,
and I wouldn't have followed up (except maybe with a patch on the
tracker).

Is that discouraged on this list?  (That's a real question.)