[Python-Dev] generated NEWS files

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 06:34:06 CEST 2008

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 2:53 PM, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> > I just tried it, and although it works, I get this output:
>  > svn: 'post-revprop-change' hook failed; no error output available
>  >
>  > Significant?
>
>  It's the mailer.py hook failing. I'm not quite sure why it fails,
>  and had no time to look it up. It reads
>
>  #!/bin/sh
>  REPOS="$1"
>  REV="$2"
>  USER="$3"
>  PROPNAME="$4"
>
>  /data/repos/projects/hooks/mailer.py propchange "$@"
>
>  The script is the same mailer.py that is also invoked in post-commit.
>  Can anybody see a problem with that?

No, but how many parameters are passed to mailer.py?

  if cmd == 'commit':
    if len(sys.argv) > 5:
      usage()
    if len(sys.argv) > 4:
      config_fname = sys.argv[4]
  elif cmd == 'propchange':
    if len(sys.argv) < 6 or len(sys.argv) > 7:
      usage()
    # ...

For commit, sys.argv must be <= 5, but for propchange sys.argv must ==
6, unless my tired eyes are reading that wrong.  I don't know if the #
of args passed are the same in both cases or not.