[Python-Dev] generated NEWS files

Gregory P. Smith greg at krypto.org
Fri Apr 11 07:53:14 CEST 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 6:24 PM, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:

> Also, there's the issue of which section of the NEWS file an entry
> should be added. That's often subjective.

Agreed.  For example we have both Library and Extension Module categories in
the NEWS file.  I always end up listing changes in the "wrong" one of those
half the time.  In my mind those are the same thing.  A reader is not likely
to care if the change happened to be implemented in the Lib/ directory vs
the Modules/ directory.  From python's point of view they're both just an
import.