[Python-Dev] generated NEWS files

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Fri Apr 11 02:55:15 CEST 2008

In the past we haven't done that because often the change logs are
either too chatty (they do administrative stuff that doesn't deserve a
NEWS entry) or they are too brief (in the heat of the battle
developers don't always write great changelog entries). While it's
easy to fix NEWS its not easy to fix changelog entries (only a few svn
super-users can do it, and it's a pain).

--Guido