[Python-Dev] [Distutils] how to easily consume just the parts of eggs that are good for you

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Thu Apr 10 00:11:01 CEST 2008

On Apr 9, 2008, at 6:00 AM, Phillip J. Eby wrote:

>> By the way, if these tools work well, they are priceless!
>
> I haven't had need to use any of them, so I don't really know.

They are easydeb [1] and stddeb [2].  The former appears to be
incomplete and unmaintained.  The latter appears to be usable, but
somewhat incomplete -- substantial manual labor is required to use it
successfully, as documented by my programming partner Brian Warner in
this ticket: [3].

Regards,

Zooko

[1] http://easy-deb.sourceforge.net/