[Python-Dev] string representation of range in 3.0

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Tue Apr 8 01:24:19 CEST 2008

I'd object to it returning something that resembles a list too
closely, but I could live with str(range(3)) return <0, 1, 2>. We
should probably have a cutoff so that if there are more than 6 values
it'll show the first 3 values, then dots, then the last 2 values. (The
cutoff would be computed so that '...' always represents at least 2
values.