[Python-Dev] socket.SOL_REUSEADDR: different semantics between Windows vs Unix (or why test_asynchat is sometimes dying on Windows)

Trent Nelson tnelson at onresolve.com
Fri Apr 4 18:07:22 CEST 2008

I've raised issue 2550 to track this problem.  I've also provided a patch on the tracker to test_socket.py that reproduces the issue.  Anyone mind if I commit this to trunk?  I'd like to observe if any other platforms exhibit different behaviour via buildbots.  It'll cause all the Windows slaves to fail on test_socket though.  (I can revert it once I've seen how the buildbots behave until I can come up with an actual patch for Windows that fixes the issue.)

http://bugs.python.org/issue2550
http://bugs.python.org/file9939/test_socket.py.patch

    Trent.