[Python-Dev] xmlrpclib and dates before 1900

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Fri Apr 4 06:30:05 CEST 2008

> I downloaded it and with a couple mods I was able to use it as a
> substitute for strftime() in timemodule.c.  It compiles cleanly and seems
> to pass all tests.

I misspoke.  test_strptime fails with timezone issues.  That's probably just
my misunderstanding of how Python deals with timezones.  I make a quick
replacement of Tcl's tzname stuff to get it to compile, but the test fails.
It would probably not be much work for someone who understands how the
Python datetime/time code handles timezone names.

Skip