[Python-Dev] fixing tests on windows

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 23:52:39 CEST 2008

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 3:09 PM, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
>  "Tim Golden" <mail at timgolden.me.uk> wrote in message
>  news:47F4DE23.3020202 at timgolden.me.uk...
>
> | [re tests which fail because something's holding a file
>  | open with SHARE_DELETE]
>
>  There are a couple of things one can do in a directory's Properties box
>  (right click) to reduce interference.
>  1. Under General/Advanced, uncheck 'allow Indexing Service' and click Yes
>  to recursively apply to subdirs and files.
>  2. Under Sharing, check 'Make private'.  This is recursive, but only works
>  for dirs under My Documents or on Desktop.  This would be most useful, I
>  think, if buildbots run as a separate user.
>  Have these already been done?

We already know how to stop the errors from arising by modifying the
Windows environment. In my particular case, it was sufficient to
disable Windows Search Service and the TortoiseSVN Image Overlays.
However, it would be *really* nice if the Python test suite just
worked out of the box, and you didn't have to change your normal
Windows environment.

Or were you suggesting that there is some programmatic way for the
test suite to create directories that disallow the Search Service,
etc.?

Steve
 --- Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy