[Python-Dev] testing in a Python --without-threads build

Nicholas Bastin nick.bastin at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 05:05:23 CEST 2007

Might expected skips instead be based on your current configuration
instead of what someone statically decided what would be appropriate
for your platform?  Every new release I have to go through the
'unexpected skips' to determine that they're perfectly fine for how I
configured python.

It seems that we ought to provide a mechanism for querying python for
how the build was configured (although for non-unittest cases, failing
to import some modules is usually sufficient information - knowing why
they fail probably doesn't matter)