[Python-Dev] frozenset C API?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Sep 6 19:03:32 CEST 2007

> I really don't understand why you would not expose all data in the
> certificate.

You mean, providing the entire certificate as a blob? That is planned
(although perhaps not implemented).

Or do you mean "expose all data in a structured manner". BECAUSE
IT'S NOT POSSIBLE. Sorry for shouting, but people don't ever get the
notion of "extension".

> It seems totally obvious. The data is there for a reason.
> I want the subjectAltName. Probably other people want other stuff. Why
> cripple it? Please include it all.

That's not possible. You can get the whole thing as a blob, and then
you have to decode it yourself if something you want is not decoded.

Regards,
Martin