[Python-Dev] Python developers are in demand

Anthony Roy home at antroy.co.uk
Thu Oct 25 14:40:45 CEST 2007

> Interesting to see discussion on supply and demand issues for
> Python programmers.  You might be interested to learn that,
> after a few years of flirting with Python in various ways, the
> School of Computing at the University of Leeds has recently
> switched to teaching Python as the first and primary programming
> language for undergraduates on all of our degree programmes.
>
> I know we're not the only ones doing this, so perhaps the
> supply will rise to meet the demand in a few years!

I was a researcher in the School of Computing at Leeds Uni about 4 years
ago. Good to see them pushing Python!

I keep my eyes open for Python Developer roles in the UK (particularly the
North), since I would far prefer to develop in Python than Java. However,
in the UK Python Jobs seem to be few and far between, and most of the ones
that there are are either low paid sys admin type roles, or are based in
London.

Cheers,

--
Anthony Roy