[Python-Dev] what license for a module derived from Objects/dictobjec.c

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Oct 12 20:00:29 CEST 2007

> This is for an extension module that is clearly (for the knowledgeable)
> derived from Python's Objects/dictobject.c and Include/dictobject.h.
>

> Should I refer to MIT, LGPL or BSD. Any particular copy of a license I
> should put up on my website and refer to with a URL?

If this is work derived from dictobject.h, you are bound by the Python
license, see the file LICENSE for details. It is
fairly strict in what you have to do, see, in particular, clause 2
of the PSF license, the BeOpen License, and the the CNRI license.

You have to include the license file itself, as well as a certain magic
incantation.

HTH,
Martin