[Python-Dev] MacOSX -framework options and distutils weirdness

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Fri Oct 12 10:21:15 CEST 2007

Graham Horler wrote:
> I would be inclined to move gcc to gcc-real (for example), and create a script
> called gcc which dumps all environment variables, and command-line arguments

Well, I tried that -- and things got even weirder still.

With the wrapper in place between distutils and gcc, the
linking command *worked*.

So then I cut the wrapper down so that the only thing it
does is call gcc, and it *still* works.

Just to make sure, I tried it again without the wrapper,
and it failed.

So the bizarre state of affairs is that if distutils
runs gcc through a shell script, it works, but if
it runs gcc directly, it doesn't work.

Anyone have any ideas on how that can happen?

--
Greg