[Python-Dev] GC Changes

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Oct 3 08:27:04 CEST 2007

> To further elaborate, the main obstacle is with extension modules.
> Most of them create roots and there is no defined API for the Python
> interpreter to find them.

That is a problem, but furthermore, I feel that local variables stored
in stack frames of threads are even more difficult to integrate. For
the extension-module globals, some sort of registration could be done
(and PEP 3121 provides an infrastructure for that). For stack frames,
such a registration is difficult to make efficient.

Regards,
Martin