[Python-Dev] [python] Re: New lines, carriage returns, and Windows

Nick Maclaren nmm1 at cus.cam.ac.uk
Tue Oct 2 11:28:43 CEST 2007

"Guido van Rossum" <guido at python.org> wrote:

> Does anyone else have the feeling that discussions with Mr. MacLaren
> don't usually bear any fruit?

Yes.  I do.  My ability to predict the (technical) future is good;
my ability to persuade people of it is almost non-existent.

However, when an almost identical thread to this one occurs in a
decade's time, I shall be safely retired.  And, assuming no changes
to the basic models, when one occurs in twenty years' time, I shall
be forgotten.  Such is life.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:  nmm1 at cam.ac.uk
Tel.:  +44 1223 334761    Fax:  +44 1223 334679