[Python-Dev] Decimal news: speedup and stabilization

Facundo Batista facundobatista at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 18:18:34 CET 2007

2007/11/24, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com>:

> Did you change the Decimal repr to use the same format for the mantissa?

I don't understand the question. The output of repr() does not show
this internals...

> Could you also check the performance gain against the telco benchmark
> which is in the sandbox? [1]

I tested different versions of Decimal with this telco.py.

With Python from the trunk (r58550), which is the last decimal.py
version previous to this change: 1241.8

After changed it to keep _int as string: 869.3 (30% faster!)

But still there're a lot of room for improvements. I just commited
other patch from Mark, where he reordered __new__, to minimize
isinstance() checks for the most used types.}

After new reordering patch: 672.9 (22% faster!)

:)

Regards,

--
.    Facundo