[Python-Dev] Possible error in Python 2.4 garbage collector

Moritz Mühlenhoff muehlenhoff at univention.de
Mon Nov 26 17:27:45 CET 2007

Kristján Valur Jónsson wrote:
> This is almost certainly not a bug in python.
> A cursory look indicates that a list being traversed in list_traverse has a
> NULL member. I'd suggest examining the other members of the list to figure
> out what this list is.  Use the debugger for this, that is what it is for.
> It is probably a list you have created in your C code but forgot to check
> for exceptions when adding members to it, thus leaving one of them with a
> NULL pointer.

Thank you for your comment. A longer debugging session showed a stray Py_DECREF in an unexpected code path, which lead to the error above.

The Python GC is indeed fine.

Thanks,
Moritz
--
Moritz Muehlenhoff muehlenhoff at univention.de     fon: +49 421 22 232- 0
Development        Linux for Your Business       fax: +49 421 22 232-99