[Python-Dev] Special file "nul" in Windows and os.stat

Facundo Batista facundobatista at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 16:04:59 CET 2007

2007/11/3, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de>:

> > GetFileAttributes() doesn't return those, just the FAT filesystem
> > attributes. GetFileSize and GetFileTime fail.
>
> Ok, so how does msvcrt stat() manage to fill these fields if those
> functions fail?

Beyond the question to this specific question, I do not like the
inconsistency of windows with itself during time and versions.

As Mask Hammond said, I think that we should rely on what windows is
saying to us as strict as possible. If windows change its behaviour,
ok, I do not think that we need to "patch" these behaviour holes.

What do you think? Is a mistake to adhere to windows behaviour?

Regards,

--
.    Facundo

PyAr: http://www.python.org/ar/