[Python-Dev] Does Python need a file locking module (slightly higher level)?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Fri Nov 2 02:53:55 CET 2007

    > The API and almost all test cases are defined in a _FileLock base
    > class.  You could (in theory at least) subclass it to provide locking
    > through some other shared resource like a database and not have to
    > write and or many other test cases.

Okay, this is up on my website:

    http://www.webfast.com/~skip/python/

It took me a little longer to implement than I thought because I decided to
implement an SQLite-based _FileLock subclass, mostly as a proof-of-concept.
I'm still waiting for the name "lockfile" to free up in PyPI to put it
there.

Skip