[Python-Dev] Unable to commit

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue May 29 09:07:53 CEST 2007

Georg Brandl schrieb:
> Martin v. Löwis schrieb:
>>> Odd... the call worked here (SVN 1.4.3). Which version is the server using?
>> 1.1. Subversion did a grand renaming at some point. I fixed most of the
>> functions when deploying the script, but apparently missed some.
>
> Okay. Is an upgrade planned? I've heard that several actions were sped up
> significantly with later releases.

I have plans for that. However, these plans may take many months to
execute, as one needs to set aside a lot of time to work on the update
of www.python.org continuously, to deal with the aftermath of the Debian
upgrade, and you also need to have desaster plans, which are difficult
with no physical access to the machine (so I need to learn how to get
virtual physical access first).

Regards,
Martin