[Python-Dev] Introduction and request for commit access to the sandbox.

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon May 21 06:44:25 CEST 2007

> With that said, I would to request svn access to the sandbox for my
> work. I will use this access only for modifying stuff in the directory
> I will be assigned to. I would like to use the username "avassalotti"
> and the attached SSH2 public key for this access.

I have added your key. As we have a strict first.last account policy,
I named it alexandre.vassalotti; please correct me if I misspelled it.

> One last thing, if you know semantic differences (other than the
> obvious ones) between the C and Python versions of the modules I need
> to merge, please let know. This will greatly simplify the merge and
> reduce the chances of later breaking.

Somebody noticed on c.l.p that, for cPickle,
a) cPickle will start memo keys at 1; pickle at 0
b) cPickle will not put things into the memo if their refcount is
   1, whereas pickle puts everything into the memo.

Not sure what you'd consider obvious, but I'll mention that cStringIO
"obviously" is constrained in what data types you can write (namely,
byte strings only), whereas StringIO allows Unicode strings as well.
Less obviously, StringIO also allows

py> s = StringIO(0)
py> s.write(10)
py> s.write(20)