[Python-Dev] The docs, reloaded

Scott Dial scott+python-dev at scottdial.com
Sun May 20 23:05:39 CEST 2007

Neal Becker wrote:
> Sounds very interesting.  I just have one concern/question.  I hope that
> while moving away from latex, we are not precluding the ability to write
> math as part of the documentation.  What would be my choices for add math
> to the documentation?  Hopefully using latex, since there really isn't
> AFAIK any other competitor for this.

Where in the current documentation is there any math notation /at all/?
In all my reading of it, I have not run across anything that appeared
like it was being used. Besides that question, is the full power of
LaTeX math notation really necessary here? I somehow doubt anything more
than simple expressions of runtime performance and container behaviors
are appropriate for any documentation we have.

-Scott

--
Scott Dial
scott at scottdial.com