[Python-Dev] [Python-3000] PEP 367: New Super

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sun May 20 09:42:22 CEST 2007

Tim Delaney wrote:
> So the question is, should the method store the class, or the name? Looking
> up by name could pick up a totally unrelated class, but storing the
> undecorated class could miss something important in the decoration.

Couldn't we provide a mechanism whereby the cell can be adjusted to
point to the decorated class? (heck, the interpreter has access to both
classes after execution of the class statement - it could probably
arrange for this to happen automatically whenever the decorated and
undecorated classes are different).

Cheers,
Nick.