[Python-Dev] Summary of Tracker Issues

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Mon May 14 13:55:26 CEST 2007

On Mon, May 14, 2007, "Martin v. L?wis" wrote:
> Skip(?):
>>
>> In the meantime (thinking out loud here), would it be possible to keep
>> search engines from seeing a submission or an edit until a trusted person
>> has had a chance to approve it?
>
> It would be possible, but I would strongly oppose it. A bug tracker
> where postings need to be approved is just unacceptable.

Could you expand this, please?  It sounds like Skip is just talking about
a dynamic robots.txt, essentially.  Anyone coming in to the tracker
itself should still see everything.  Moreover, this restriction only
comes into play for postings from new people, which should limit the
load.

"Look, it's your affair if you want to play with five people, but don't
go calling it doubles."  --John Cleese anticipates Usenet