[Python-Dev] Summary of Tracker Issues

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Mon May 14 05:16:30 CEST 2007

    >> Now it's up to volunteers to do ongoing spam clearing, and we don't
    >> have that much volunteers. I think a single-click button "Spammer"
    >> should allow committers to lock an account and hide all messages and
    >> files that he sent, but that still requires somebody to implement it.

    Guido> I'd expect that to be pretty effective -- like graffiti artists,
    Guido> spammers want their work to be seen, and a site that quickly
    Guido> removes them will not be worth the effort for them.

I'm still (slowly) working on adding SpamBayes to Roundup.  I've exchanged
one or two messages with Richard Jones.

In the meantime (thinking out loud here), would it be possible to keep
search engines from seeing a submission or an edit until a trusted person
has had a chance to approve it?  It should also be possible for trusted
users to mark other users as trusted.  Trusted users' submissions and edits
should not require approval.  In a rather short period of time I think you'd
settle on a fairly static group of trusted users who are responsible for
most changes.  Only new submissions from previously unknown users would
require approval.

Skip