[Python-Dev] Distutils and -framework on MacOSX

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Fri Mar 30 07:27:04 CEST 2007

Ronald Oussoren wrote:

> What's wrong with adding -framework flags to the end? I do this all  the
> time and have yet to run into problems.

I don't know what's wrong. Sometimes it works for me too,
but often it doesn't, and when it doesn't, putting them
at the front seems to fix it.

Apple's man page for ld says that placement of the
-framework options is important... but doesn't say
anything about where they're supposed to be. Not
very helpful.

I'd be very grateful if anyone could shed some light
on this. It causes me no end of hassles whenever I
try to compile an extension.

--
Greg