[Python-Dev] Fwd: RFC - GoogleSOC proposal -cleanupurllib

Senthil orsenthil at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 26 18:59:44 CEST 2007

On 3/24/07, Josiah Carlson <jcarlson at uci.edu> wrote:

> If I were to summarize your proposal, it would be "merge, clean up, and
> add features to urllib, urllib2, and urlparse".  Sounds reasonable for
> Python 3, but remember that you will need to update any standard library
> module that currently uses urllib, urllib2, and urlparse to make sure
> that they pass the test suite, probably add tests to the test suite for
> your new module, and include documentation (I can't remember if any of
> that was in your proposal).

Thanks Josiah,
I have included the tasks of updating other standard library modules
that use urllib, urllib2, and urlparse, including tests and
documentation in my proposal.
That was a very helpful feedback.

I have submitted my proposal in the web app as well.
http://puggy.symonds.net/~senthil/summer_code_urllib.txt

Thanks,
Senthil

--