[Python-Dev] Contents of test_bool

Collin Winter collinw at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 21:37:02 CET 2007

Is there any reason for test_bool to contain assertions like these?

self.assertIs({}.has_key(1), False)
self.assertIs({1:1}.has_key(1), True)

A significant portion of the file is devoted to making sure various
things return bools (isinstance, operator.*) or handle bools correctly
(pickle, marshal). Since these don't test the functionality of the
bool type, is there a reason not to move these tests to more
appropriate test files (eg, test_pickle) or removing them altogether
(if they duplicate existing tests)?

I've started on this somewhat, but I thought I'd ask before I spent
too much time on it.

Collin Winter