[Python-Dev] Proposal to revert r54204 (splitext change)

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Sat Mar 17 03:31:01 CET 2007

Mike Krell wrote:
> On 3/16/07, Greg Ewing <greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:
>> Mike Krell wrote:
>>
>>> I said the name ".emacs" was used as an example.  For that matter, the
>>> name "a.txt" was also used as an example.  The use cases are real.
>> So does your application create any file names
>> that have a single dot at the beginning?
>>

> Yes.  How many more times would you like me to answer this question?
>
> Just in case you'd like me to answer it three more times, here are the answers:
>
> Yes, yes, and yes.

So that would be a yes, then.

Perhaps you'd like to remind me that "backward compatibilty" includes
the necessity to run new programs on old versions of Python, too?

Then I can stop wasting everyone's time. Even though I am no fonder of
code breakage than I was.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Skype: holdenweb     http://del.icio.us/steve.holden