[Python-Dev] What's New maintenance

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Fri Mar 16 12:22:23 CET 2007

On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 10:31:06PM +0100, "Martin v. L?wis" wrote:
> I would do that, except that Andrew explicitly reserved the right to
> change whatsnew.tex. I believe he does go over Misc/NEWS in doing so.

It's actually OK to add things to whatsnew.tex, subject to the warning that:

1) I will rewrite the text as necessary.

2) some changes I consider too obscure to bother describing in
   whatsnew.tex.  If such a change is added to the text, I'll just
   remove it.  I would feel bad if someone were to spend a long time
   writing a paragraph or section, and then I decided to delete the text.

So... add changes as you wish, but please don't work very hard on the
text, and writing in note form is fine -- I'll rewrite as needed.  You
don't need to comment out your added text; we're so far from release I don't
care if the formatting is incorrect.

Where should I add a note about this: a comment at the top of
whatsnew.tex, maybe?

I do go over Misc/NEWS every so often.

--amk