[Python-Dev] Patch 1644818: Allow importing built-in submodules

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Tue Mar 13 10:23:22 CET 2007

Hi Martin,

On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 11:50:17PM +0100, "Martin v. L?wis" wrote:
> Does distutils support this kind of setup? Modules/Setup?

distutils does, and I can find many projects which require a combination
of C and Python modules being organized as a single package with the
extension modules somewhere inside: psyco, pygame, pysqlite2, PIL,
Numeric, OpenSSL... in fact, this is the case of the majority of the
packages I see in my 'site-packages'.  If someone wanted to distribute a
Python executable with any of these packages built-in, he would run into
exactly the same problem as Miguel did.

A bientot,

Armin