[Python-Dev] Patch 1644818: Allow importing built-in submodules

Miguel Lobo mlobol at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 15:57:59 CET 2007

> Personally, I can't apply it as-is right now, since a) I would have to
> check that the test case conditionalization works fine, and b) I would
> have to come up with a patch for the Windows build process.

Sorry, I couldn't understand the second point.  Why would you have to patch
the Windows build process?

> If you want to prioritize it over the other 300 patches, I can offer
> you a fast-track procedure if you in turn review 5 other patches.

Well, it's not really my place to ask that this patch is prioritised above
others, since as I said if I'm asking for its inclusion it is in order to
benefit other Python users who may easily hit the same problem.  As far as
I'm concerned personally, I have no problem at all applying the patch
manually.

Anyway, I'm intrigued about this "review 5 other patches" procedure you
suggest.  What exactly would be involved in such a review?  Please note that
I hadn't touched CPython code before I wrote my patch and I haven't been
following CPython development closely.

Regards,
Miguel