[Python-Dev] [Csv] These csv test cases seem incorrect to me...

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Mon Mar 12 04:28:21 CET 2007

    John> IMHO these test cases are *WRONG* and it's a worry that they
    John> "work" with the current csv module :-(

That's my take on things as well, though as Andrew pointed out, given those
invalid inputs Excel will produce those wacky outputs.  I verified that on
my Mac a few minutes ago.

I'm inclined to just skip those tests in my Python version, but I can
understand that for backwards compatibility the current module needs to grok
them.

Skip