[Python-Dev] fmod.c

Paul Hankin paul.hankin at pobox.com
Sat Mar 10 19:47:51 CET 2007

Hi all,

Is there any need for Python/fmod.c any more? I can't see how
it can be included because there's no test for fmod in the
./configure script and grepping all files in the tree for fmod.c
finds nothing except a commented out line in PC/os2vacpp/makefile.omk

If it is needed, it needs fixing as it gives the wrong answer
for x>=0 and y<0.
Eg:
fmod(0, -1) returns 1 rather than 0.

(The comment in fmod.c is correct: it should return f such that
x = i*y + f for some integer i, st |f| < |y| and f has the same
sign as x).

I'm happy to patch it, but I won't if it would be better just
to remove the file.

--
Paul Hankin