[Python-Dev] Encouraging developers

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 19:10:58 CET 2007

On 3/10/07, A.M. Kuchling <amk at amk.ca> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 10:10:48PM -0800, Neal Norwitz wrote:
> > We should probably be a lot more aggressive about closing bugs and
> > patches without response.  Unfortunately many fall into this category.
>
> This question comes up every so often, and after much discussion I
> think python-dev always converges on leaving bugs open in case some
> future person finds the information useful.

I was thinking about patches only in this case, not bugs.

> I hope that the Roundup tracker will let us tag such bugs with a
> 'waiting-for-reporter' tag, and we can then exclude such bugs when
> looking for ones to fix.

Georg added a comment/feature request for this.  Actually, he
requested a close on inactivity after some duration if we set a
keyword or something like that.  Since we are in control of the
tracker, we can make it happen if someone cares enough.