[Python-Dev] Fwd: Re: [Python-3000] Removing functions from the operator module

Raymond Hettinger python at rcn.com
Thu Mar 8 02:16:28 CET 2007

[Collin Winter]
>> I don't suppose you've changed your mind about removing operator.truth
>> and operator.abs in the seven months since this discussion?

[GvR]
>No, though I think that operator.truth should be renamed to operator.bool.
>
>I like the idea that for each built-in op there's a callable in operator.

It makes sense to me that built-in ops like + have a corresponding operator function like operator.__add__(), but I don't follow how this logic applies to abs() and bool().  ISTM, operator.bool and operator.abs would not add any value beyond what is already provided by __builtin__.bool and __builtin__.abs.

Raymond