[Python-Dev] how can I review? [was: Encouraging developers]

Jim Jewett jimjjewett at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 01:58:27 CET 2007

I guess I should have been less specific.  :D

It has been quite a while since I worried about my own patches going
stale; I just want to know how my review time can be more useful.

Once a committer has already decided to look at a patch, comments may
make the next step easier.

But is there anyway to flag an issue as either ready for that look, or
already judged not-yet-ready?

On 3/6/07, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> If you have a list of patches that you think are ready for
> decision, please post the list here, listing clear accepts and
> clear rejects.
> ... If you have completed
> a review (i.e. so that just some technical action would need to
> be taken), feel free to post to python-dev (ideally with a

I had assumed that doing this patch-at-a-time would quickly get
annoying.  Is batching several patches together part of what you want?
 (If so, I would personally still rather that the tracker or at least
a wiki page did that grouping.)

> I agree. Maybe we should add some "reviewed by" field to the roundup
> tracker where reviewers can record that they brought the patch
> to a state ready for committing/final rejection

Yes, please.

> (I think a second
> check is still needed, as the case of splitext shows: you were in
> favor of rejecting it because of the incompatibility, ...

(I think that was actually John J. Lee; I did just add a note that it
should no longer be considered bugfix candidate for 2.4)

-jJ