[Python-Dev] splitext('.cshrc')

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.pp.ru
Tue Mar 6 15:00:16 CET 2007

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 02:44:52PM +0100, Hans Meine wrote:
> a leading dot does not start an
> extension, but marks a file as "hidden".  The latter is on UNIX, and while

   On Unix - I mean in the OS itself - there are no such things as "roots",
"extensions" and "hidden files". All these are only conventions in the user
programs.
   The current behaviour is not a bug in a strict sense, but it is
inconvenient and hence should be changed.

> this is different on Windows, I cannot imagine that anyone would
> a) have dotfiles under that OS

   I have. (-: I often copy files from an ext3 partition to a FAT partition
on my dual-booting desktop.

Oleg.
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd at phd.pp.ru