[Python-Dev] Encouraging developers

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Mon Mar 5 20:15:26 CET 2007

On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 12:58:13PM -0600, skip at pobox.com wrote:
> I'm not much of a version control wonk.  How would these help?  Can't the
> folks who need such stuff do some sort of anonymous svn checkout?

The external developers can commit changes, revert them, etc. to their
local repository, and still keep pulling changes from the python.org
master as we commit them.

With an anonymous SVN checkout, you can never commit changes back, so
you can't commit your work in stages or roll back changes as those of
us w/ commit privileges can.  (svk adds distributed features on top of
SVN; that would be another option.)

--amk