[Python-Dev] with_traceback

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Mar 1 03:42:00 CET 2007

Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:

> And the new behavior?  Every raise statement copies an exception instance,
> some code will create a new exception instance for each raise statement,
> some code will create a single exception and re-raise it repeatedly.

Make that "most code will create a new exception instance
and then make a copy of it", unless this can be optimised
away somehow, and it's not necessarily obvious that the
refcount == 1 trick will work (it depends on the exact
details of how the references flow through the exception
raising machinery).

University of Canterbury,	   | Carpe post meridiem!          	  |
Christchurch, New Zealand	   | (I'm not a morning person.)          |