[Python-Dev] [Python-3000] Issues with PEP 3101 (string formatting)

Talin talin at acm.org
Sun Jun 24 04:28:58 CEST 2007

I haven't responded to this thread because I was hoping some of the
original proponents of the feature would come out to defend it.
(Remember, 3101 is a synthesis of a lot of people's ideas gleaned from
many forum postings - In some cases I am willing to defend particular
aspects of the PEP, and in others I just write down what I think the
general consensus is.)

That being said - from what I've read so far, the evidence on both sides
of the argument seems anecdotal to me. I'd rather wait and see what more
people have to say on the topic.

-- Talin