[Python-Dev] Calling Methods from Pythons C API with Keywords

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Jun 20 19:26:32 CEST 2007

Campbell Barton schrieb:
> Hrvoje Nikšić wrote:
>> [ Note that this discussion, except maybe for the suggestion to add a
>> simpler way to call a method with keyword args, is off-topic to
>> python-dev. ]
>
> Is there a list for this kind of discussion?

Hrvoje wasn't explicit on *why* this discussion is inappropriate here,
so I just add that for better understanding:

python-dev is for the development *of* Python, not for the development
*with* Python. So you post here if you propose an enhancement or discuss
the resolution of a bug. Question of the "how do I" kind are off-topic -
posters are expected to know and understand the options, and then
discuss the flaws of these options, rather than asking what they are.

As Hrvoje says: try python-list (aka comp.lang.python). If you don't
get an answer, you didn't phrase your question interestingly enough,
or nobody knows the answer, or nobody has the time to tell you.

Regards,
Martin