[Python-Dev] New syntax for 'dynamic' attribute access

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Tue Feb 13 01:26:10 CET 2007

On Tuesday 13 February 2007 10:10, Ben North wrote:
>  (Gently wandering off-topic,
> but: do people use proportional fonts for coding?  Doesn't it
> cause general awkwardness for indentation, especially relevant
> for python?)

The killer problem with backticks (to pick the syntax that currently
causes this problem the most) is with webpages and with printed
books with code. Sure, everyone can pick a font for coding that
they can read, but that's not the only way you read code. This is
my issue with the foo.(bar) syntax. The period is far far too small
and easy to miss.