[Python-Dev] Adding timeout option to httplib...connect()

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Sat Feb 10 14:44:22 CET 2007

    Guido> I'm not going to change ftplib.py and all the others.

    >> Also understood.  This has, as far as I know, been the response of
    >> everybody who has encountered this problem before.

    Martin> You should read your SF bug list more frequently, then. You are
    Martin> currently assigned bug #723312 (and have been since 2003-04-17),
    Martin> which has a patch to change ftplib.

Assigned by the author, because I apparently offered him some advice I no
longer recall giving?  After much chiding here I'll take a look.

I don't know if feature requests for Roundup are still being accepted, but I
hope one of its features is that it can remind people periodically of the
tickets they own.  My primary goal in life is not to close Python bugs and
patches, so I hope people will understand if I don't think on a Thursday
evening, "Gee, I think I'll drop by SourceForge and see what work I have to
do tonight".

Skip