[Python-Dev] Updating descrintro

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Sat Dec 22 09:08:30 CET 2007

Hi all,

re

	http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.2.3/descrintro/

on "Unifying types and classes in Python 2.2",

we have a GHOP task to "fill in" the Additional Topics section of this
document.  'novanasa', the student who took this task, has written up a
nice set of doctest additions in reST:

http://code.google.com/p/google-highly-open-participation-psf/issues/attachment?aid=-5215187968540901644&name=types-classes.rst

and has asked for feedback.  My feedback at the moment is, "looks good,
and useful!"  I thought I'd ask on python-dev to see if anyone has any
additional comments or ways to make this more directly useful to Python.

You can just add comments on to the task directly, if you like, or send
them to me.

One set of possible additions is to go through and make annotations on
stuff that is going to change in Py3K.  Anything else?

cheers,
--titus