[Python-Dev] whitespace-normalized commit hook...

Thomas Wouters thomas at python.org
Wed Aug 29 21:31:05 CEST 2007

On 8/29/07, Bill Janssen <janssen at parc.com> wrote:

> > Transmitting file data .........subversion/libsvn_client/commit.c:832:
> (apr_err=165001)
> > svn: Commit failed (details follow):
> > /build/buildd/subversion-1.4.2dfsg1/subversion/libsvn_repos/hooks.c:135:
> (apr_err=165001)
> > svn: 'pre-commit' hook failed with error output:
> > file /python/trunk/Lib/ssl.py is not whitespace-normalized
>
> So, the pre-commit hook is blocking me; how do I trouble-shoot this?
>
> What's the client-side way to run this scan?  Can I add it to the
> regression-test harness?

It basically calls Tools/scripts/reindent.py with --dry-run (although I
notice the version we call from SVN is more forgiving towards tokenizer
errors. I'm not sure we need that here.) Incorporating it in the normal test
suit would be good, as I've been caught by the same problem several times
:-)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at python.org>

spread!