[Python-Dev] Triage of old tracker bugs: Any use?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Aug 29 07:34:40 CEST 2007

> Is doing this sort of triage or administration work useful?  Any
> recommendations on what you'd like to have happen in this sort of task?

Down-grading things that were once high-priority is certainly reasonable.

Of the very old bugs, it would be useful to find out whether they are
still reproducable, and, if there is no straight-forward way to
reproduce them, ask the submitter to provide a test case (if there
is a test case that now passes in a case where it apparently did
not pass back then, close it as works-for-me).

It would also be good to triage all reports that have not seen any
feedback. Unfortunately, it's not easy currently to query the tracker
for these, so perhaps the "chatting" state needs to be brought back
first.

Regards,
Martin