[Python-Dev] Other SSL issues in the tracker have been marked

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Mon Aug 27 17:56:01 CEST 2007

> apt-get install openssl  will fix that on those systems.  on windows you're
> unlikely to ever have an openssl binary present and available to execute.

Well, if you have OpenSSL in the first place, you'll have the binary,
won't you?  But I agree it's unlikely to be on your path.  As for Ubuntu
and Debian, I checked the packaging, and they both put the "openssl" binary
in /usr/bin, so it's unlikely to be a path problem.

We could just build a fixed certificate and check it in, as the test_socket_ssl
test does.  That way we wouldn't have to futz with trying to run openssl.

Bill