[Python-Dev] New bug tracker is active now

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Thu Aug 23 22:23:40 CEST 2007

On 8/23/07, Martin von Löwis <Martin.vonLoewis at hpi.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:
> We have completed the conversion to Roundup as the bug tracker
> for Python; the new tracker is now life at
>
>   http://bugs.python.org/
>
> It has all reports from the SourceForge tracker, along with
> all messages and files that had been attached.
>
> To edit bug reports, you still need to log in. We have migrated
> all account names from SF as-is, but obviously couldn't migrate
> the passwords as well. So you need to reset your password, through
>
>   http://bugs.python.org/user?@template=forgotten
>
> Fill your SF account name in the bottom field, wait for an email,
> click on the link, wait for a second email, change your password
> to something you can remember. All SF project members have developer
> privileges in the roundup tracker.

Just so people know, if you are unhappy with your SF username, you can
change it after you get your password reset.  Just go to your details
page and change your username to whatever you want.  Personally, I
think they should match your svn.python.org account name but I don't
know if anyone else wants that as a suggestion or policy.

-Brett